NO on WebProsperity
Many of you are waiting for my review of WebProspertity before the end of the month when the need to pay and sign up preserves your position in the company. I tried to get this to you in a timely manner so you could make a decision.
I couldn’t hardly wait to get into my WebProsperty website and play with all the new tools. I had been preparing to cancel many of the services I use a la carte with promises that everything I need is in the WebProsperity toolbox.
The launch opened on Tuesday at noon, I paid my fees and took my place. I’ve spent the last couple of days looking over the program and the more I got into it, the more I was disappointed.
I knew that we had 14 days to determine whether we wanted the system or not so I felt comfortable offering it to my customers based on the people behind the system and even the big internet marketers who were endorsing it. There was 100,000 internet marketers lined up for this service with big hopes that it would be everything we dreamed about.
However, that being said, at this point I cannot endorse it or recommend it.
To be frank with you, regardless of whether this offered a business opportunity behind it or not, I would have purchased it for use because of the monthly savings I was anticipating.
But I would have believed that David D’Arcangelo, would not have put his name to something of this quality.
Here’s my specific disappointments:
1) My main concern was that WebProsperity MEETING would be equivalent to gotowebinar which I’m currently paying $100/month for. I’ve not been able to figure it out but have heard from others that it didn’t function for many. There were those that experienced bugs with IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari browsers and on computers running XP and Vista. Supposedly these issues have been resolved, but I can’t be sure.
2) Then, my growing disatisfaction was with the realization that the suite of tools was really only of use to promote WebProsperity as a business opportunity. It seemed in prelaunch that this was going to be a great internet marketing tool kit for use in whatever I choose to market. In so doing, that in itself, made the business opportunity appear to have REAL VALUE.
3) WebProsperity CONTACT, is all about emailing ‘My Downline’ (WP downline). And campaign settings are only of use in relation to the capture widget on the Web Prosperity sales page. (Capture widgets can be set up on other websites but only for WP MLM and one other option). I would have expected be able to create as many independent capture pages and related autoresponder emails as I wanted.
I had expected a fully engaged autoresponder with tracking and web form creation. However, it turns out to be just a contact managment system with the ability to email my list. Too basic. Not functional for internet marketers.
4) I have not played with it personally, but I’ve received feedback that WebProsperity MEDIA was good, although rather out of date in not matching up with the HD dimensions of.
5) I did begin to enter contacts and set up my calendar because I did need a way to organize my prospects. I found that the calendar was difficult to read at a glance and I had to toggle between windows when using my calendar and seeing the details of the person who had an appointment. It is not cutting edge. Old school and I would have expected something much better than that.
If WebProsperity steps up to the plate and delivers what over 100,000 internet marketers need and anticipated receiving, I’ll let you know. Right now, it’s 2 thumbs down.
Luckily there is there a money-back guarantee. If you have signed up as a paid member I recommend you act quickly and claim your unconditional 15-days money back guarantee before the 15 days runs out. If others are feeling cheated the same as I am, there’s going to be lots of refunds having to be issued so don’t put it off.
To ask for a refund you will need to log into your WP account and in the Dashboard page you will see HELP on the top menu. Select CONTACT US, enter your name, email and choose Billing Issues in the Select Category window. Type Refund in subject line, request refund and cancellation of account in the question area and MOST IMPORTANT, paste in your Transaction ID as copied from your email receipt of payment. That should do it. (And press send)
I will continue to monitor the product wesite and if I find that it becomes a valuable tool for business owners, I’ll be sure and let you know.
I understand all companies on startup have their bugs to work out, but this seems more like overall lack of promised services than bugs.
I hear that another office system is coming out in March and it’s already been confirmed that GoToMeeting has been retained as the webinar hosting company. I’ll let you know more about that as I hear.