Home Business coaching and becoming a home business mentor will no doubt be a goal that all serious network marketers will want to strive for. By doing so, they gain the respect of others not only in the eyes of other industry home business leaders, but also in the eyes of your prospects. They will become a magnet, attracting others to them, making sponsoring and running a more profitable, leveraged business a reality.
By reading this article, you will be able to identify, using yourself as an example, 5 truths about who people want to join when considering a home based business opportunity. This information will help you evaluate your own self in how you measure up so that you can accomplish your goals of becoming a successful home business coach.
Here are 5 absolute truths about who people want to partner with when considering a home business coach. This list below is no secret. Think of yourself for example. Perhaps you are currently looking for home business coach. Or, you have in the past. What did you look for in a sponsor? My guess is that these were truths in your own experience.
1) People want to join sponsors who are leaders. That doesn’t mean you have to know everything, but you should have a game plan in place with resources and action steps that they can take to get started and a presence online where your prospects can see you and get to know you . You will make it a priority to position yourself as a leader, an authority in your industry, which can be done fairly simply. Have you created your own product? Are you teaching? Are you confident in the phone?
2) People want to join with a leader they feel they know, like and trust. People are relational. Automated systems are great, but at the end of the day, people want to bond and interact with other people. God designed us that way. Does your marketing allow people to know you? Are you actively teaching via blogs, videos, webinars? We call this personal branding.
3) People want to know their leader can offer help and resources. It’s unreasonable for them to expect you to know everything. However, it is totally reasonable for them to expect you to have resources you can point them to that will provide some step by step instructions on what to do to get their business in a moving forward motion. If they need help with something and you can provide that help, it’s reasonable for them to expect that help. Are you showing people where they can get the necessary tools and resources for success? Are you explaining why you use them and how it’s a benefit to you and can be for them as well?
However, it doesn’t mean you are expected to do their business for them anymore than a football coach will do the sit ups and make the pass play for his players.
4) People want to know they won’t be abandoned, rejected, embarrassed, humiliated, put down or ignored by their home business coach/sponsor. That’s a lot to consider, I know. But, it’s a common problem. Here are some examples of what I’m talking about:
Example 1: People join a home based business and their upline or sponsor quits because they failed or flip flopped to another business opportunity.
Example 2: People have joined a business and calls or emails their sponsor/upline and are not responded to.
Example 3: People have joined a business and given instructions and then reprimanded like a child for not completing a project or not doing the job that the sponsor felt they should have. Or, they are simply never recognized for the effort they’ve put in.
5) People want to know their home business mentor cares about them. Doesn’t everyone want to know that those they align themselves with in business want to feel like they matter? Who wants to partner with someone who could care less? I don’t and I bet you wouldn’t either. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Remember the Golden Rule you learned as a small child. It still applies today.
Caring with a genuine heart will go far with people. Stop making it so much about money and listen to the other person. Give them an extra few minutes now and then. Call them by name. Remind them of their dreams and speak kindly. Teaching and mentoring with heart will take them to the top.
By simply marketing yourself, people will have the ability to see first hand that you are in fact the home based business coach they are looking for. They will see it as you consistently share about what you know for success and teach other using these powerful strategies:
**Great Email Content in your Follow Up
**Social Communities Involvement
If you are truly desiring to be a home business coach leading a large organization, or wanting to charge fees for home business coaching services outside of your own team, you will want to reflect on these 5 truths and see where you come up short. Implementing these 5 principals can position you for greatness in your industry.
Debbie Turner is an entrepreneur, a Renegade Professional, a network marketing and home based business coach and is the author of: How to Avoid the 7 Most Common Rookie Mistakes New Home Based Business Owners Make. Grab a complimentary copy of Debbie’s ebook and 7 part video series on this blog.